Experienced Counsel After A Swimming Pool Accident
Public or commercial pools typically have strict rules and safety regulations to keep swimmers and guests safe. Even public parks and recreation boards post safety bulletins that alert swimmers to hazards and safety issues (like when no lifeguard is present). As a swimmer, you need to be reasonably cautious, but it is also a swimming pool owner’s responsibility to keep you safe by properly maintaining the premises and alerting you to hazards when they exist.
At Hullverson Law Firm, we offer experienced representation to victims of pool accidents. Whether your child was hurt at a friend’s house or you were harmed by broken equipment at a commercial pool, we can help you.
What Kind Of Negligence Causes A Swimming Pool Or Spa Accident?
A pool or spa injury can happen for a variety of reasons. Sometimes the individual swimmer failed to comply with safety precautions, but in many cases the swimming pool owner or management company failed to maintain the premises adequately.
The following are a few issues that we often see cause Missouri swimming pool accidents such as slip-and-falls or drownings:
- Faulty equipment: Broken or damaged pool ladders, faulty pool lights, filters that do not keep water clear and clean, broken security fences or gates, etc.
- Missing equipment: Lack of pool ladders, throwing ropes, buoys, ring buoys, etc.
- Improper or infrequent pool maintenance: Water conditions that lead to illness or disease, improper chemical use, murky water, poor visibility, etc.
- Improper or inadequate signage: Lack of postings that notify swimmers of rules such as “no running,” “no lifeguard on duty,” “no diving” or warnings about pool temperature, depth, etc.
- Improper or inadequate staffing: Lifeguards who are not properly trained or a lack of lifeguards without proper warnings posted
Direct Attention From The Attorney Handling Your Case
We will work closely with you to investigate the circumstances of your case, determine if negligence occurred and how to demonstrate the connection between that negligence and your injury. We will then aggressively, persuasively and persistently present your case in settlement negotiations or courtroom proceedings — whatever it takes to get the results you need and the compensation you deserve.
Call us to discuss your case with an experienced lawyer at Hullverson Law Firm. We are here to help you.