Taking A Strategic Approach To Your St. Louis Truck Accident Claim
Hullverson Law Firm advises and represents people injured in truck accidents. With offices in St. Louis, our lawyers have extensive experience handling truck accident claims and pursuing compensation for clients in Missouri and Illinois.
Truck accidents can be particularly devastating. The sheer size and weight of large trucks mean that when they are involved in a collision, the chances for serious injury or even death are much higher. Our firm helps clients prove the cause of the accident and collect a wide range of damages, including those covering medical bills, lost wages, and emotional pain and suffering.
Schedule your free consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer today.
Missouri Truck Accidents — Causes
Driving a large truck is not the same as driving a car. That is why federal and state governments have special laws and requirements for truck drivers. Still, a variety of factors lead to serious truck accidents each year:
- Driver fatigue: Truck drivers often drive for extended periods of time on the same road, and sometimes they drive throughout the night without adequate sleep. This can affect a driver’s ability to pay attention to the road. In some cases, a truck agency may be held liable for an accident if it set unreasonable deadlines for its drivers.
- Speeding: Truck drivers are expected to deliver goods by a set deadline; if they fall behind, they may try to compensate by speeding, which can result in accidents.
- Repair and maintenance failure: Like other types of motor vehicles, there are sometimes problems with truck parts; if the truck is leased, then the leasing agency might be held responsible. If the truck is new and one of its parts fails (such as a defective tire), then the manufacturer could be held liable.
- External conditions: Trucks weigh much more than ordinary vehicles, which means that it is more difficult for trucks to stop once they have momentum. Slippery road conditions due to rain, sleet or snow can create very risky driving conditions for trucks. Additionally, poorly maintained roads could contribute to the cause of trucking accidents in Missouri.
- Drugs and alcohol: Truck drivers, like other drivers, sometimes drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Federal law requires random drug testing for truck drivers.
Hullverson Law Firm‘s skilled Missouri truck accident lawyers are available to help you file an injury claim related to any of these causes.